Use this beautiful cotton fabric, printed with classic William Morris designs, to sew tops, dresses, shirts, overalls, pillows, cushions, sofa covers, luggage, bags, curtains, decorations and other craft or sewing projects.
William Morris (1834-1898), a founder of the British Arts and Crafts movement, sought to restore the prestige and methods of hand-made crafts, including textiles, in opposition to the 19th century tendency toward factory-produced textiles. In 1881, he opened new workshops at Merton Abbey, seven miles southwest of London, for manufacturing printed and woven textiles. The workshops were next to the River Wandle, providing a source of abundant clean water, and also had a grassy meadow where dyed clothes could be dried in the open air. He produced a number of furnishing fabrics there.
Made from fibers of the cotton plant, sometimes called “Tree Cotton” (Gossypium spp.) The floss contained in the seedpods is used for making cloth and for the wicks of oil lamps. Cotton fibres have a wide range of uses including making clothes; rubber-tyre fabrics; stuffing material for pillows, cushions etc; surgical dressings; making twine and ropes; carpets etc.
Product : Cotton William Morris Fabric in many designs
Material: 100% Cotton
Size: 0.5m X 1.45m (19in x 57 in)
Weight: About 220g/m (approx. 8 oz per yard)
Features: Cotton is Breathable, with Good Moisture Absorption, Soft, Skin-friendly, Light and Smooth.
- The Uniform Width of The Fabric is 1.45m (57 in)
- The Size of One Piece is 0.5m X 1.45mn (19in x 57 in)
- The Size of Two Pieces is 1m X 1.45m (39 x 57 in)
- The Size of Three Pieces is 1.5m X 1.45m ( 59 x 57 in
- And So On
- Fabric Shrinkage is 3-5%.
- All Fabrics Are Cut By Hand. Item May have Raw Edges.
- Please Allow 1-3cm Error Due to Manual Measurement. Please Make Sure You Do Not Mind Before You buy.
- Pictures: Due to The Difference Between Different Monitors/ screens on different computers, the photo May not Reflect the Actual Color of The Item.
- If you buy the Same Style And Color Continuous Fabric, we Will Not Cut It, We Will Send Continuous Fabric
There are no reviews yet.